Outlook 365 Modern Authentication - School Configuration Guide (2020 Microsoft Updates)
Microsoft Graph Oauth Configuration
- Navigate to https://portal.azure.com/#home
- Be sure you are logged into an Admin account that has rights to edit and configure your school's Azure account information
- Click on Manage Azure Active Directory
- Click on App registration
- On the App Registration page click on Add New Registration
In add new registration give the new registration a unique application name and
under Redirect URI select Public client/Native(mobile, desktop) and urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob in the text box.
- Click Register
- Once you have registered the new application name, you will land on the App Registration Overview Page.
- Grab the following pieces of information:
- Application (client)
- ID Directory (Tenant) ID
- These pieces of information are needed for GradLeaders to finish setting up your integration).
- Now click on View API Permissions
For using EWSwith OAuthNow click on Add Permission button. This will open Request API Permissions in that look for Exchange and click on it, then click Application Permissions. Select full_access_as_app permission. Grant admin consent to all four permissions (Calendars.Read, Calendars.Read.All, Calendars.ReadWrite.All, full_access_as_app). Please note that the Admin Consent is required because there is no user interaction in the integration; it is all server to server communication.
- For using REST with OAuthNow click on Add Permission button. This will open Request API Permissions in that look for Microsoft Graph and click on it, then click Application Permissions. Select Calendar.Read, Calendars. ReadWrite permissions. Grant admin consent to these two permissions (Calendar.Read, Calendar.ReadWrite). Please note that the Admin Consent is required because there is no user interaction in the integration; it is all server to server communication.
- Create a Client Secret
Copy the value of the Client secret. At this time you are done configuring the Microsoft Graph app for OAuth
- Send the following pieces of information to GradLeaders Support to finish your new O365 Integration:
- Client ID
- Tenant ID
- Client secret
Article ID: 3507
Created On: Sep 24, 2020 at 8:02 AM
Last Updated On: Dec 11, 2020 at 10:51 AM
Authored by: Eddie Thomas
Online URL: https://kb.mbafocus.com/article.php?id=3507