Managing Job Postings
Each job posting can be managed and edited by utilizing the actions made available to the admin. All of the actions are shown above the job list in the action toolbar.
- From the Current, Past, or Matched tabs, you can export job posting details.
- Click on the “Export” icon.
- Select the criteria you want to include in your export file, select the file format, and then click the “Export” button.
Refreshing a Job Back to Top
- From the main job page grid, click on the job title, and then click the “Refresh” icon at the top of the job details page.
- Clicking on this icon will change the posted date to the current date and the application deadline date to 30 days from the posted date.
Viewing/Editing Applications Back to Top
- From the main job page grid, click on the job title, and then click on the “View Applicants” icon at the top of the job posting details page.
- This page displays all candidates that have applied to the position.
- From the View Applications page - Top Toolbar:
- Print applications - Select the candidates you want to print, and then click on the “Print” icon.
- Email applicants - Select the candidates you want to email, click on the “Email” icon, enter a subject, draft your message, and click "Send".
- Forward applicants to a colleague - Select the candidate applications you wish to forward to a colleague, click on the “Forward” icon, enter a subject, draft your message, and click "Send".
- Add Application - Click on the green plus sign, find the candidate you wish to add an application for, and click on the “Add Application” link. It will add the candidate along with the active resume on file. However, no cover letter will be added along with the candidate and active resume. To upload a new document/resume and/or a cover letter, click on the pencil icon on the grid. Fill out the subject line, draft the email, attach a new document/resume if needed, and attach a cover letter.
- From the View Applicants Page - Applicants Grid:
- Select Applicant - Click on the check box next to the applicant's name.
- View Candidate Profile - Click on the candidate's name in the grid.
- View Application - Click on the binocular icon in the grid to view the resume and cover letter used to apply to this particular posting.
- Edit Application - Click on the pencil icon in the edit column. This will take you to a page where you can upload a new resume or select a different resume from the pick list. Click the “download” button to download the current version of this resume document from this page. Make any necessary changes, and upload the document again. You may also upload a new cover letter document for the candidate.
- Email Applicant - Click on the email icon next to the candidate's name in the view applicants grid. Enter a subject, draft a message, and click "Send".
- Delete Applicant - Click on the "Delete" icon in the delete column next to the candidate's name in the view applicants grid.
- Print Application - Click on the "Print" icon in the print column next to the candidate's name in the view applicants grid.
Deleting/Cancelling a job Back to Top
- Deleting a job - From the job posting details page, click on the “Delete” icon. Deleting a job is only possible if there are no applications on file. Candidates, Employers, and Admin users will no longer be able to view this job.
- Cancelling a job - From the job posting details page, click on the “Cancel” icon. This job will still be viewable to candidates if you keep the job in active status. If you do not want candidates to view the job, you should also change the job posting status to cancelled, archived, or declined.
Printing a job Back to Top
- From the job posting details page, click on the "Print" icon.
Preview Posting Back to Top
- Preview Posting - Click on the job title, and then click on the "Preview" icon to view the posting as a candidate would view it.
Article ID: 421
Created On: Oct 12, 2010 at 9:30 AM
Last Updated On: Jan 7, 2019 at 3:27 PM
Authored by: KB Admin
Online URL: https://kb.mbafocus.com/article.php?id=421